From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 15 2015 - 07:21:08 CDT

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 6:46 AM, Christian Leitold
<christian.leitold_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, how excatly can I change the version number? For the tcl plugins, there
> is the pkgIndex.tcl file, but what is the equivalent for the molfile

it is in the registration struct.

> plugins? In xyzplugin.c, there is the "RCS INFORMATION" block, with the line
> "$Revision: 1.37 $ $Date: 2015/07/15 12:14:n.c35 $" that I have
> changed accordingly, but this has no effect whatsoever.

yes, because they are inside comments. you have to increase the
plugin.minorv entry below. the plugin loaded checks this struct before
deciding whether to load or override the plugin functions.

255 /* registration stuff */
256 static molfile_plugin_t plugin;
257
258 VMDPLUGIN_API int VMDPLUGIN_init() {
259 memset(&plugin, 0, sizeof(molfile_plugin_t));
260 plugin.abiversion = vmdplugin_ABIVERSION;
261 plugin.type = MOLFILE_PLUGIN_TYPE;
262 plugin.name = "xyz";
263 plugin.prettyname = "XYZ";
264 plugin.author = "Mauricio Carrillo Tripp, John E. Stone, Axel Kohlmeyer";
265 plugin.majorv = 1;
266 plugin.minorv = 3;
267 plugin.is_reentrant = VMDPLUGIN_THREADSAFE;
268 plugin.filename_extension = "xyz,xmol";
269 plugin.open_file_read = open_xyz_read;
270 plugin.read_structure = read_xyz_structure;
271 plugin.read_next_timestep = read_xyz_timestep;
272 plugin.close_file_read = close_xyz_read;
273 plugin.open_file_write = open_xyz_write;
274 plugin.write_structure = write_xyz_structure;
275 plugin.write_timestep = write_xyz_timestep;
276 plugin.close_file_write = close_xyz_write;
277 return VMDPLUGIN_SUCCESS;
278 }

ciao,
    axel.