From: Sampath, Janani (sampath.26_at_buckeyemail.osu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 07 2015 - 13:38:55 CDT

Hi John,

I am facing the same problem on my Yosemite OS as the user this on this thread:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/24639.html

On reading a LAMMPS trajectory, the VMD logo freezes although other parts of the software are responsive (like graphics, file, analysis tabs etc).

I am working with VMD 1.9.2 non CUDA (the problem persists on older versions of VMD as well) on OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.2. Also, I do not encounter this issue on my desktop which runs on 10.9.5 Mavericks.

Are there any patches that have been developed to counter the problem? Any suggestion will be helpful!

Thanks,

Janani Sampath
Graduate Research Associate
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
The Ohio State University