From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 06 2015 - 20:45:15 CDT

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Richard Wood
<Richard.Wood_at_purduecal.edu> wrote:
> Well, I don't know what you call it when the file causes the program to crash other than "too large to read"-over loads memory maybe?

as i said, it shouldn't consume much memory, if you skip most frames
on loading. VMD only allocates memory for data that you tell it to
keep.

how large is the file, how much RAM does you machine have and what OS
are you running on?
do you get some info/error on the command window before it crashes?

axel.