From: Aaron Larsen (alarsen_at_molbio.mgh.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 18 2015 - 14:27:55 CDT

Hi Christopher,

I've measured the deflection of the amino group from a planar geometry and
it seems that it's somewhat intermediate between trigonal planar and
tetrahedral, which might be a reasonable expectation. I have not compared
it statistically to a well parameterized amino-containing nucleobase,
however. I have begun paying special attention to the angle and dihedral
force constants for the other ring bonds and I believe that if I find cause
to strengthen these associations, it may help 'calm down' the aminos. I'll
let you know if I make any more progress.

Best,
Aaron