From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 06 2015 - 14:53:00 CDT

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Gabrielle Garcia
<gm.rodriguez08_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have VMD 1.9.2 (without CUDA) downloaded on my MacBook Pro (w/Retina display).
> I am having trouble bringing up my .nc trajectory in VMD. I confirmed that the files work with my linux machine at work.. but they won’t display on my MacBook. Is there a way to visualize my netCDF trajectories on my MacBook even without GPU?

netCDF support is independent of GPU support. support for netCDF
format data requires that a plugin is installed which requires support
from an external library. not all external library work equally well
on all platforms and hence some plugins and features in VMD are not
available on all platforms.

you can easily check whether suitable plugin support is available by
running the following command on the VMD console:

lsearch -index 1 [plugin list] netcdf

if this returns a positive number, then netcdf support is available,
if it returns -1 then the plugin has not been compiled/packages for
that specific VMD version.

axel.