From: Maxim Belkin (mbelkin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 27 2015 - 13:26:01 CDT

True. This approach, however, has a downside that you still have to load your trajectories once. When simulation system is large, this process can be really slow. catdcd approach is fast and moreover, you can specify all of your input files at once at get a single trajectory file for your selection. The only "problem" with catdcd approach is that it requires a little bit of coding in VMD (tcl) & shell.

Maxim