From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 26 2015 - 12:12:29 CDT

Hi Sam,

Set the per frame user field. For instance, if your coordination numbers
for 5 atoms never changed, here is what you might do:

set CN [list 1 2 3 4 5]
set sel [atomselect top "index 0 to 4"]
for { set f 0 } { $f < [molinfo top get numframes] } { incr f } {
$sel frame $f
$sel set user $CN
}

There are also 3 more per-atom user fields if you need them (user2,
user3, and user4). Naturally you'd want to calculate the coordination
number within the loop.

-Josh Vermaas