From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 18:01:56 CST

Dear VMD-L,
  I've just implemented a new VMD-L digest subscription option
The digest mode implemented by our list system requires those of
you that are interested to subscribe to a new 'vmd-l-digest' list,
you may then unsubscribe from the main 'vmd-l' mailing list.

The initial settings for the digest version of VMD-L will
create a new digest whenever the oldest message is over a day
old or when there are more than 6000 lines worth of VMD-L text
since the last digest was generated.

Those of you that would like to try out the digest mode
may go ahead and subscribe to the digest version of VMD-L
by sending an email to majordomo_at_ks.uiuc.edu with the contents:
  subscribe vmd-l-digest

Once the digest version of the list is stable and everyone is happy
with how it works, you can unsubscribe from the non-digest version
of VMD-L by sending email to majordomo_at_ks.uiuc.edu with the contents:
  unsubscribe vmd-l

Since this is a new mailing list configuration there might still
be a few kinks to work out in the digest implementation, if you encounter
any problems getting subscribed, please send me an email and let me know.

I've also posted these instructions on the VMD-L mailing list home page:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/

Thanks,