From: Monika Madhavi (monikamadhavi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2015 - 19:29:53 CST

Thank you everyone. When "" used, atomselect worked. However now I am
getting a different error. My task is to randomly select a water molecule
from a dcd file and write their coordinates to a new pdb file. I used the
following script.

set random [expr round(rand()*100)]
set sel [atomselect top "resid $random"]
$sel writepdb out.pdb
$sel delete

I am getting an error saying; atomsel: frame -1 out of range for molecule 1

Can you please suggest a solution?

Thanks
Monika

--