From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2015 - 11:54:22 CST

Hi Damien,
Each atom is scaled according to its radius. I think VMD "knows" based
on the mass what the radius should be, and sets it to different radii by
default. Using the tkconsole, you can override this trivially:

[atomselect top "all"] set radius 1.0

Then you would get the same radius for every atom.
-Josh Vermaas