From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2015 - 07:15:18 CST

Well what you find in /usr/bin/vmd is just a script, not a binary. This
script will actually put together the correct settings to start the real VMD
binary which is “vmd_LINUX*”, which couldn’t be located as your error
message show. Check what is the name of the binary in /usr/local/lib/vmd and
make sure normal users have permission to enter the directory and to execute
that binary. Please show us the output of:

ls -l /usr/local/lib/vmd

Norman Geist.