From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 09:55:55 CST

Hi Kurt,
  One would normally load the PSF file first. If you have problems
you're fabricating the PSF file with your own code since the coarse-
grained models don't really fit any of the existing file formats well?

Another option for dealing with coarse-grained models better would be
to write a file reader plugin for VMD that reads your data from whatever
its native format it is rather than trying to express it as PSF/PDB which
is bound to be somewhat clunky.