From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2015 - 07:13:19 CST

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 5:47 AM, M K <mahyar.karimi20_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I zoom in an image, I find that atoms find edge and it becomes blurred
> and ugly. How can I render an image that when I zoom in, it automatically
> adjusts the resolution and still the atoms remain spherical. What image
> format it should be and what render machine is able to make it?

there is no such image format. once you commit something to a given
number of pixels, there is no going back. in the same way, you cannot
get a higher resolution from your sceen by using a microscope. the
only way to get what you want would be to re-render the data on
demand, i.e. by using VMD or a raytracing program.
the next best thing is to render the image at a much higher
resolution, i.e. with more pixels (i.e. like using a higher resolution
screen in my example above).
that requires that you use a rendering program, e.g. Tachyon, to
generate the image and change the flags that define the resolution of
the resulting image.

axel.