From: Jian Dai (djpittdj_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2015 - 08:23:01 CST

Dear VMD developers:
I want to build an alpha helix that has customized parameters, for example,
I want the angles between CA, C and N to be 115 instead of 118 degrees
(Molefacture default value).
I can do this manually via the Molefacture molecule builder but it becomes
laborious and error-prone when there are lot of such manipulations. How to
do it using the command line? I read the source code for Molefacture and
find that "resize_angle" is relevant, but I don't know how to select the
angle to manipulate by the command and then use resize_angle to change it
to a target value.
Any suggestions?
Thank you very much.
Jian