From: Jerry Ebalunode (jebalunode_at_UH.EDU)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 15:49:28 CST

Hi John,
Where in the documentation would you find the full decription and examples of
how to use these clip comands? The link you sent just only stated the
commands, no one new to vmd will know what they do and even how to get them
working properly just by looking at the page you refered me to. For
instance it took me thirty minutes to know that you need to use the " mol
clipplane status .... " not to just get the status but to also activate
clipping I just did. Probably the documentation needs a lot of improvment in
support of this, one of the crystallographic postdocs in our dept. complained
to me that the documatation is not straight forward or clear, when I
introduced him to vmd. Now I see what he meant.

This clip feature is such a wonderful feature for us decribing ligand binding
in the easiet fashion possible but yet the documentation only spent 3 lines
just stating commands and noting more not even what it means.

RM 402F Houston Science Center
Phone: 713-743-8367
Dept. of Biology and Biochemistry
University of Houston