From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2014 - 14:19:29 CDT

The screencasts were made quite awhile ago. Since then I have made several improvements and small changes to the GUI, although one should generally still be able to use the screencasts as a guide. If you are using the 1.9.2 beta, you should enter the location of PSF and PDB and then click "Analyze". This will load the molecule and fill out the boxes beneath it with missing parameters that will allow you to visualize the parameters in the VMD OpenGL window. After performing the analysis, input your desired output file path and name and click the "Write Initial Parameter File", which performs the write. If you are skipping the "Analyze" button, then you will likely write nothing to the parameter file.

Christopher Mayne