From: James Lord (jjamesgreen110_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2014 - 22:04:36 CDT

Dear VMD users,
I am looking at protein adsorption onto a surface and I want VMD to display
the residues name that come into contact with surface automatically when I
load the trajectory file and as the simulation movie plays. My questions are

 A) Is it possible?? If yes how? Can anyone tell me step by step procedure?

B) Is there any script available so that in VMD while movie is playing and
the protein is coming into contact with surface it saves residues name,
number and the time (frame number) that they come into contact with surface
on a text file?
Any comment is appreciated
Cheers
James