From: Fotis Baltoumas (fbaltoumas_at_biol.uoa.gr)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2014 - 15:24:52 CDT

Hi,
Just create a selection containing only your membrane and store all its
index values in a file. It's pretty straightforward, with a little Tcl
scripting. An example would be this:

set membrane [atomselect top "resname POPC"]

set indices [$membrane get index]

set memFile [open membrane.ind w]

puts $memFile $indices

close $memFile

This little script will create a membrane.ind file, with indices
corresponding to POPC lipids, separated with whitespaces, compatible with
catdcd.

Hope I helped,
Fotis