From: Tim Lo (timlo_at_hku.hk)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2014 - 20:19:10 CDT

Hi Aryan,

To construct a CNT, using Nanotube Builder plugin is a convenient
method. Since the CNT is cylindrical but not planar, improper terms are
not needed.

To solvate a system comprised of two molecules (in this case, the CNT
and the protein), I always merge them before using Solvate plugin to add
the solvent box. I like using "mergemols", which is written on top of
"topotools", to merge molecules. Two or more molecules can be merged
together by one script easily. Read the details in Axel's website:
https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/topotools/topotools---documentation#TOC-mergemols-list-of-molecule-ids-

With your own effort, I am sure you will be able to achieve your aim
very soon.

Cheers,
Tim
Research Assistant