From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2014 - 12:10:47 CDT

Molecule in the VMD sense, not molecule in the chemistry sense. If you
load two different systems at the same time, VMD treats these
independently, and that is the "molecule" boundary you can't cross (it
would also make no sense to try and find a hydrogen bond between two
independent structures).

-Josh