From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2014 - 09:25:13 CDT

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Dawid das <addiw7_at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear VMD experts,
>
> I have already solved this problem but not for GROMACS files.
> I want to make a trajectory movie, but following frames appear to quickly
> and it is very hard to actually see and analyze how chromophore structure
> changes over time. So I want to make the movie last longer and the frames to
> be be displayed for a longer timer.
>
> I did it for Tinker trajectory snapshots by uploading the same snapshot 5 or
> 7 times but how to do it with *gro and *trr files from Gromacs?

that is a rather inelegant way of doing this.

many movie player software allows to override the "fps" setting (fps =
frames per second)
with more advanced formats and converters like FFMpeg, you can also
set the frames per second during compression. you may need to modify
the command line for it, which is embedded in the vmd moviemaker
plugin (which is a Tk/Tcl script plugin).

axel.