From: Ana Celia Vila Verde (acavilaverde_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 06:56:42 CDT

If you wanted to find only linear hbonds, then you would make angle=0.

The text below is unclear, I agree: when one mentions an angle D-H-A,
one typically refers to the angle with vertex at H; for a linear HB,
that angle is 180deg. The text in the VMD manual that explains the
"measure hbonds" command is clearer: "Donor and acceptor must be within
the /cutoff/ distance, and the angle formed by the donor, hydrogen, and
acceptor must be less than /angle/ from 180 degrees. "

Ana