From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2014 - 10:37:00 CDT

Hi Tristan,

I think the string in the file render controls dialog gets passed
directly to the shell to be executed (at the very least, the text in
that dialog box never gets passed through a Tcl interpreter that I can
see), so it dutifully tried to execute tachyon (with passed parameter
-res [expr 879. I'm not sure why it didn't die when the first argument
wasn't an integer) on the list of files * 5] [expr 886 * 5]. The
wildcards * are what got you into trouble, since it will try to render
everything in the current directory (twice no less, since it appears in
the argument list twice).

What I tend to do is save the tachyon file and then run the renderer
externally if I want a crazy-big image. (render command = "echo hello",
then open a new terminal and run tachyon with all the options I want on
the created data file)

Good luck!
-Josh Vermaas