From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Thu May 29 2014 - 13:22:25 CDT

Hi Ricard,

Why is it more complicated? What I do is align each frame with a single
chosen reference (usually the original pdb structure), and then
calculate the RMSF once everything is aligned. RMSF measures
fluctuations from the average position, so it shouldn't matter what you
align your structures to, the internal degrees of freedom are unaffected.

One oddity in your script: why is the measure rmsf command inside the
loop? The answer won't change, but now you are computing the RMSF of
your entire selection ~200 times instead of once.
-Josh Vermaas