From: Fateme Sadat Emami (fe2_at_zips.uakron.edu)
Date: Wed May 07 2014 - 14:45:22 CDT

Dear Mahbod and vmd users,
Thanks for your response. I am actually trying the APBS trough vmd. When I
try to run the APBS plugin in vmd I get the error message:

APBSRUN: output files missing or unreachable

Then, I wanted to check if the APBS itself is working fine (as being a
potential associated problem). Trying to run the APBS executable (downloaded
the precompile version from the website) I get the error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: libmaloc.dylib

  Referenced from: /Users/amirvahid/Documents/APBS-1.4-osx/bin/apbs

  Reason: image not found

Trace/BPT trap: 5

Logout

Hence it sounds like the precompiled ABPS is not working and complaining for
a library file. I checked the lib folder and the libmaloc.dylib is actually
there but it is not executable. Changing the permissions is not helping too.

Thanks again and I would be very much appreciated for any hint on this.

Fateme

Fateme Sadat Emami, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Non-Equilibrium Research Centre (NERC)
Northwestern University
2145 Sheridan Road, Tech K231
Evanston, IL 60208
email: fatemesadat.emami_at_northwestern.edu
Web: http://www.nercenergy.com/people/researchers.html