From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2014 - 13:37:43 CDT

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 2:10 AM, Ginny arora <ginnyz678_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Axel,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
>
> Please check where I am making mistake to plot rdf from vmd
>
> 1. I have made the psf file of input file of lammps like in.config to
> config.psf.
> 2. Then loaded config.psf file and traj.all.dcd file. in vmd.
> 3. Open tk console -> used command
> pbc wrap -compound res -all
> pbc box

there is not reason at all to do this. the rdf code will have to do
wrapping for periodic systems anyway.

> 4. Then open extensions->rdf->by default box dimensions are set in utilities
> then selection 1 name selection 2 name ar

> when click on compute g(r) it shows g(r) calc. successfull 0 frame
> processed.

well, then you either made a mistake at this last step and used the
gofr gui incorrectly or already made a mistake when loading the
trajectory. when it processes 0 frames, you operated on an "empty"
molecule. also, have you tested the selections in the GUI? do they
contain any atoms for any frames?

axel.