From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2014 - 11:03:49 CDT

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Norge Cruz Hernández <norge_at_us.es> wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> I can perform molecular dynamics simulations by using the files molecule.top
> and molecule.crd. i.e., input in AMBER file format. So, I can perform it by
> using " amber on", "parmfile molecule.top" and "ambercoor 4_gg.crd". It
> worked.
>
> However, I need to perform molecular dynamics simulations in a system
> "A+molecule", but the input files for subsystem A are A.pdb and A.psf, i.e.,
> file format to be used by NAMD. So, I was thinking the way to convert
> molecule.top and molecule.crd >=to=> molecule.psf and molecule.pdb, and put
> it all together by using "Merge Structures" in vmd. I know, that it is
> possible to get the molecule.pdb file from molecule.crd and molecule.top.
> However, I was not able to get the .psf file comming from this pdb file.

that would be useless, since in addition to a .psf (=topology) and a
.pdb (=coordinates) file, you also need the parameters. as has been
pointed out, there is no clean conversion from amber parameters to the
CHARMM format. better you stick to amber and use the tools provided
with amber to merge your structures.

axel.