From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 00:35:37 CDT

Hi,

I guess it would also be possible, and quite easy to script, to use "measure
fit" with two atomselections. This, if I remember correctly, will return a
transformation matrix that you can easily apply to a 3rd atomselection
containing "all" of one of the molecules by doing something like:

set sel1 [atomselect top "resid 1 to 10"]
set sel2 [atomselect 1 "resid 200 to 210"]
set all [atomselect 1 "all"]
$all transaxis [measure fit $sel1 $sel2]
$sel1 delete
$sel2 delete
$all writepdb "aligned.pdb"
$all delete

!!! Untested but should show how it works ;)

Norman Geist.

---