From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 17:40:24 CST

Hi,
  Yes, its quite easy. Type in the atom selection "not water" in the
graphical representations window. This is all described in the VMD User's
guide if you haven't read the discussion of atom selections in VMD yet.
We also have some VMD tutorials and other intro material in the documentation
area of the VMD home page:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/docs.html