From: Joaquim Rui de Castro Rodrigues (joaquim.rodrigues_at_ipleiria.pt)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2014 - 14:52:23 CDT

Hi,

It is even more strange than this... :)

In windows, VMD's default working directory is C:\Program Files\University of Illinois\VMD , which is where VMD/tachyon is trying to write the file. If you go to that directory, via explorer or cmd.exe, you will not see your file, which suggests that the directory is not writable.
However, if you have, e.g, Gimp installed, and try to open the file (menu file->open...), you will see that your file is there! :)

When I use VMD to render in windows , I just browse to my home directory to save file there...

HTH,
Rui Rodrigues