From: Lee-Ping Wang (leeping_at_stanford.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2014 - 23:03:01 CST

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the extra email. On occasion I want to add extra bits into my VMD visualization to highlight stuff, hence the polyhedra and circles questions. I have thought about using triangles to draw polyhedra, but the higher level wrapper for drawing, say, a dodecahedron could become quite complex (especially if I want to use surface normals to make them look nice).

I realize it's beginning to go outside the scope of what VMD was designed to do, but my experience so far is that VMD can be amazingly flexible when we take advantage of the scripting interface and available command line tools.

Thanks,

- Lee-Ping