From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2014 - 06:54:45 CST

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:35 AM, DanLiu <Dan.Liu_at_simap.grenoble-inp.fr> wrote:
> Dear Olaf and Axel,
> Thanks for replying.
> The plugin I'm using is the 'lammpsplugin' developed by Axel. And Axel is
> right, I just tried in my Win7 system, it works well.
> The problem is I can't simply copy and replace it in Mac OS X system. I'll
> have a try by changing the permission of files.

i don't think that will work, because macos installation is done via
disk images.

what you can do is to create a directory $HOME/vmd-plugins and then
add to your .vmdrc file this line:

vmd_plugin_scandirectory [file join $env(HOME) vmd-plugins] *.so

this should load the plugins. watch the VMD startup messages.

axel.