From: Arham Amouie (erham65t_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2014 - 04:52:20 CST

I use VMD 1.9.1 but upgraded "vtfplugin" to last version. Reading from compressed files is a good idea. I'll try. Thanks.

Arham

On Tue, 2/18/14, Olaf Lenz <olenz_at_icp.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

 Subject: Re: vmd-l: Simplest file format that includes atom color?
 To: "Arham Amouie" <erham65t_at_yahoo.com>
 Cc: "vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu" <vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
 Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 1:51 PM

 Excellent!
 One
 comment: the ability to have multiple atom lines for a
 single atom is broken in the plugin of VMD 1.9.1, so you
 have to use the current version, or VMD 1.9.

 However, to reduce the file size it is much simpler to
 compress the files: When the plugin is compiled with zlib
 support (_USE_ZLIB) you can simply gzip the files and the
 plugin can read the files still. To be able to do that, you
 have to install the zlib (including devel files).

 Olaf