From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2014 - 00:20:11 CST

Hi Arham,

I suppose with "each atom can have its particular color" you mean coloring
by element? If so, the xyz format does already allow to mention the element
of the atoms in the 1st column, see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYZ_file_format>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYZ_file_format, and VMD should use it.
Otherwise please explain more detailed.