From: Ryan McGreevy (ryanmcgreevy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2014 - 13:22:47 CST

In your code, when the user selects the 'Submit' button, it looks like you
first call a routine which sets up the namd config file and all other
associated files, then go on to call namd itself. You are getting this
error because the setup code is not completing before you begin running
namd. It just so happens that the ssrestraints code is one of the last to
finish (it takes a few seconds to calculate the restraints), so when namd
starts up, it tries to read in an incomplete or nonexistent ssrestraints
file. I suggest perhaps having separate "Setup" and "Submit" buttons.

Also, I know you said this is a work in progress, but I caught a few other
bugs. For instance, the chirality restraint code doesn't seem to be called
even when selected, and if multiple restraints are selected, the resulting
configuration file is invalid because it sets the extraBonds parameter
multiple times. I'm the main MDFF developer, so if you would like help
with this plugin please feel free to email me directly and we could work on
this outside of VMD-l (if you want! This is something we have wanted to do
for a while but never got around to it).