From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 10:42:19 CST

Oliver,
  I don't know if you saw the other recent post about this, but
this is caused by a bug in the NVidia OpenGL drivers. If you change
to a different version of the driver, the problem should go away.
This problem has cropped up a few times over the course of the last
two years with certain versions of the NVidia Linux drivers.
In all cases that I'm aware of, the problem is solved by using a
different version of their drivers.

Thanks,