From: Andrew DeYoung (adeyoung_at_andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2013 - 11:37:41 CST

Hi,

I have loaded a Gromacs .g96 file into VMD. In my .g96 file, I have several
atom names that start with the letter C: CR, CW, CE, and so on. All of
these atoms are carbons, but I would like to color them separately.

However, when I go to Graphics -> Colors... and click on the Name category
in the dialog box that appears, I only see a single entry for carbon (i.e.,
"C"), rather than separate entries for CR, CW, CE, and so on.

Is there any way I can specify separate colors for CR, CW, CE, and so on,
even though they are all carbons?

I could make separate representations for each of CR, CW, and CE and use the
"ColorID" Coloring Method in Graphical Representations, but if I did that, I
would lose the connectivity of the atoms (at least from my experience).

Thanks so much!

Andrew DeYoung
Carnegie Mellon University