From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2013 - 07:21:25 CST

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM, bharat gupta <bharat.85.monu_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found out how to label the atoms, but I was not able to find any
> thread regarding labeling of residues ... Can anybody tell me how can I do
> that ??

please have a closer look at the VMD user's guide.

you need to label atoms but you can select the fields that are
available and the residue id is one of them.
you can also place arbitrary labels with arbitrary text anywhere in
space using the scripting language, so you can write a small script
identifying residues, computing a suitable location and placing a
custom label there.

axel.