From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2013 - 19:47:40 CDT

Hi John,

There are two things I'd try:

Update VMD to the newest beta build for 1.9.2. There have been some
psfgen improvements, and I can't reproduce your problem now when trying
to build a 50 nm water cube (It took a long time, contained 12M atoms,
but it didn't break!), so I think whatever error you were getting may
have been fixed in newer builds.

If you can't/won't update VMD, you could give topotools a try. See the
documentation: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/topotools/
(you want the replicatemol feature).

-Josh