From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2013 - 02:21:04 CDT

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM, CHEN, Chi <cchenae_at_ust.hk> wrote:
> Dear All,
> Thanks for taking your time reading this.
> I have a volumetric density data generated by volmap plugin. I know how to show the isosurface, but only the isosurface is not very pleasing, since the cross section of the volumetric data is not shown, which makes the isosurface a little weird. By cross section, i mean for example if we use a clip plane, we can cut the isosurface, creating a hollow cross section. There is a volumeslice method which does almost what I want, but it shows the whole slice plane instead of the
> part it intersects with the isosurface.

there actually is no real question here, but it seems what you want is
to have an option to "close" an isosurface, when you place a cutting
plane through it (the colorization is independent of that).

that option does not exist. to have that, you need to look into using
a visualization tool that is more grid data oriented (and less
molecular), e.g. paraview, visit, opendx, etc.

axel.