From: Stephanie Teich-McGoldrick (stephanietm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2013 - 19:42:43 CDT

Hello all,

I am trying to write a user defined script to make a movie with vmd 1.9.1
on a Mac. However, my commands do not seem to be executing in sequence, and
some seem to be skipped entirely. I am using a 'mywait' script John posted
to the mailing list, as the 'wait' command does not appear to work for me.
These are my actions:

proc xrotate {} {
  rotate x by 90 20
}
proc yrotate {} {
  rotate y by 180 20
}
proc mywait { waittime } {
  set starttime [clock seconds]
  while {[expr [clock seconds] - $starttime < $waittime]} {
  }
}

When I run anyone of these commands individually they work. However, if I
execute the following:

proc MakeMovie { } {
    xrotate
    mywait 10
    yrotate
    puts "I am done with MakeMovie"
}

the program waits, then writes "I am done with MakeMovie", then rotates
around the y-axis. The rotation about the x-axis never happens. I have
tried various combinations, but I can't get the program to execute in
order. Any suggestions of things I might be overlooking?

Cheers,
Stephanie