From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2013 - 04:02:51 CDT

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Daniel.Mulvihill
<Daniel.Mulvihill_at_ul.ie> wrote:
> Hi VMD guys
>

> I just downloaded VMD to help with my MD research.
>
> When I try loading a new molecule (the mbco.pdb file), I get the message
> “please select a filetype”

> But it will not allow me to select a file type other than “Automatic”
>
> So I can’t upload anything. I would be grateful to know what I’m doing
> wrong?

upload?

i would be grateful, if i was able to tell you what you are doing
wrong, but how should i know?
it works for me. have a closer look at the VMD user's guide. many,
many people have learned to use VMD from it without running into the
problem that you are reporting. so there is hope you will be able to
as well.

axel.