From: v.satarifard (v.satarifard_at_ut.ac.ir)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2013 - 09:43:51 CDT

Thanks dear Olaf. My problem is fixed with your advice.

Best,
Vahid

09:52 AM, v.satarifard wrote:

>> I have installed VMD 1.9.1 version
in my ubuntu 12.04 and without remove my VMD program I install VMD 1.9.2
alpha version on it, and now I have problem with running or removing
VMD.

> To remove VMD, you just have to remove the file "vmd" from
where it was
> installed (probably /usr/bin/vmd) and the directory
/usr/lib/vmd.

>> When I run it in terminal I faced with this error:
~$ vmd /usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUXAMD64: error while loading shared
libraries: libcudart.so.4: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

> This error
means that you have installed the 64-bit version of VMD, but
> only the
32-bit version of CUDA. As it looks that vmd_LINUXAMD64 was
> running,
you probably have installed the 32-bit version of CUDA on a
> 64-bit
Linux. The best solution is to first remove the broken CUDA, and
> then
probably install a 64-bit CUDA.