From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 04 2013 - 01:37:42 CDT

If you move to Debian, and use the simple procedure there, you get
automatically updated everything you need to this concern. I use that for
both simple graphic cards and a GTX-680 cluster without any problem (Debian
GNU-Linux amd64, but, in the past, I also used that procedure for Debian
GNU-Linux i386). Ubuntu might be of interest for tablets/laptops, but for
desktop/server use, why not using the original OS?

Best
chiendarret