From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2013 - 13:21:36 CDT

Ajasja,

In some cases it will work; however, we discourage this practice for a couple of reasons. ffTK has several dependencies that are also upgraded (e.g. multiplot, qmtool, optimize), so if you only grab the ffTK files, you will generate new errors. Once users start disrupting the plugin tree manually, it can be very hard an time consuming for us to discern the source of the errors. Also, not all users are particularly familiar with their filesystems, and it is not uncommon for these users to think that they've overwritten old plugin files with new ones, but have in fact not done this--which is also frustrating on our end.

That said, so-called "power users" will have their tricks, and we're happy to oblige.

Chris