From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2013 - 07:39:32 CDT

This is a good point - what's to keep someone from replacing those files
with virus-laden ones now? Please find a more appropriate way to share your
data.

 That being said, it might save us some time if you would please run through
the procedure again using the latest alpha version of VMD that you recently
downloaded. I can't imagine that a bug of this magnitude escaped our
attention, so it's quite possible that you made an error somewhere along the
way.