From: Salomon Turgman Cohen (sturgman_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2013 - 09:27:21 CST

Hello all,

This was previously asked here:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/19268.html

I have two almost identical representations with only two differences.
First, one is opaque and one is transparent. Second, they are colored
differently..

In the second case I have the same representations but I have increased the
size of the opaque one (vdw and dynamic bond radius).

The original version of this message had snapshots to explain the problem
but it must have been caught by a list filter. In the first case, tachyon
rendering only shows the transparent representation. In the second case,
since the opaque one is larger, I can see the opaque representation (as I
hope I would in the first case). If you would like to see the snapshots let
me know and I will send them to you.

I will create a smallish system/script that reproduces the problem. I am
working under Windows 7 32bit and VMD 1.9 (March 14, 2011, should probably
upgrade).

Salo

--
Salomon Turgman Cohen