From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2012 - 07:02:33 CST

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Aaron Taudt
<aaron.taudt_at_itb.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> Dear VMD users,
>
> i want to use the VMD Movie Maker Plugin in "-dispdev text" mode. This means
> I cannot press any buttons. Is there a way to use the Movie Maker Plugin
> from within a script? I didn't find anything related to this question on the

the movie maker plugin uses Tk scripting, but with -dispdev text,
Tk and the entire graphics environment is not initialized, so the
answer is "no" you cannot use it.

however, it is fairly simple to write a little loop/script
of your own in Tcl that will execute the necessary steps.
most of which, you can copy from the movie maker script,
if needed.

axel.