From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2012 - 06:11:16 CDT

No and no. It is not that simple. Axel.
------Original Message------
From: Sabine Reisser
Sender: owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
To: vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Subject: vmd-l: Get objects from precompiled VMD?
Sent: Sep 27, 2012 11:32 AM

Hi,

I changed a file in the source code of VMD (Surf.C) and although I could
compile it and get the Surf.o, I am having a hard time compiling all the
other objects, because there seems to be an endless list of
dependencies. Actually, I don't even want to compile the others, but I
need the other object files to link them to the new executable
vmd_LINUXAMD64.
If I just had all the objects of the precompiled version and replaced
the Surf.o, I could link them to vmd_LINUXAMD64. Is there a way to
unlink vmd_LINUXAMD64 from the precompiled version, so I could get the
objects back?
Or is there by chance any place I could download the objects from the
precompiled version?

Thanks for reading and cheers
Sabine