From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2012 - 12:47:11 CDT

This is a frequently asked question. The answers are already many times in the mailing list archives. Point one you can tell lammps toWrite unwrapped coordinates. You havento have a properly unwrapped initial configuration any way.

Other than that there is the pbctools plugin that can wrap whole molecules, vmd calls them fragments back into the cell without the bonds to the indesired periodic image

Point two. The pbctools plugin also has multiple options for showing the simulation cell. Since the Information about the box origin is not stored in VMD you may have to tweak that a bit.

Axel
--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey_at_gmail.com http://goo.gl/1wk0